Monday, May 7, 2012

CAMP DUMAMIS

Outcomes[Respect& Reconciliation, Leadership, Christian Formation& Witness]
Last summer I had the opportunity to travel with mid-school students to a bible camp in California. It was incredible, and I had a blast. A major issue that Camp Dunamis stressed was being reconciled with God, no matter what your race was. The camp was beautifully diverse, and we were all there for the same reason, which brought in respect, and developed the outcome of respect and reconciliation for me. I was a junior consular at the camp, and I definitely had to step up to be a leader to all the girls in my cabin. This outcome of leadership is a big one, I was leading these girls and some boys to start the most important relationships they will ever gain; with Jesus Christ. I learned that being a leader is a hard job, but it pays off, because helping others is the best gift in my eyes. The camp had great worship services, everyone was involved and everyone was blesses. The outcome of Christian formation and witness came into play while I was up in the California mountains. I was spirituality enriched up there along with all my cabin girls, and we all left crying, yet wanting and seeking to be disciples of Jesus in our community, church and schools back in New Mexico.  
   

No comments:

Post a Comment