Monday, May 7, 2012

WORLDVIEW MEDIA

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XcjaG6IDhBErdcmAm1ZfYyvVKWCnQoVFGoSsYFNugkI/edit
Outcomes [Worldviews, Media Literacy, Virtue& Values] 
I wrote this media paper in my Worldviews class. This class was very beneficial, considering that it is about the world around us. The paper was to be about how media devices portray basic worldview questions. The questions I answered in my paper were: “How do we know what is right or wrong…What is the human nature…Is it possible to anything?” And from those questions we talked about, I analyzed a clip from the movie Slumdog Millionaire about those worldview questions that bear on all areas of life. I also realized how much media influences our everyday outlooks on life. Any type of mass communication has underlying effects on the world, either for the good or bad of each individual. Slumdog Millionaire had character’s that were mostly good and mostly bad, I had to figure analyze that in my paper. Watching the clip and then thinking about what to write about showed me that people on this crooked earth still have values and virtues. Like the main character in the movie; he shows honesty and diligence, kindness, faith, hope all for love. Doing this project and analyzing this character pushed me want to be a better person through my actions or everyday life, and to not be a cheat.

No comments:

Post a Comment