Monday, May 7, 2012

CHURCHROCK

Outcomes[Work, Gifts& Calling, Hope& Direction]
 I started as a volunteer that went to Churchrock Academy from time to time, and then I got a job as a teacher assistant for their after school program.  Rehoboth has a connection with Churchrock, and so that is a big reason as to why I got a job there, and it has definitely shaped me. And for that I am blessed. Working at Churchrock has helped me along the lines of practicing the ways of the workplace at a school setting. It is completely different than sitting in class because, now I am the one that has to take charge. Timeliness, honesty and respect are characteristics that I have developed that will benefit me greatly in the future. Working with the children from Churchrock has opened my eyes as to what my gifts and calling may be for my future. It has helped shape my career choice, even though I don’t want to be a teacher, I know that I enjoy working with others, and serving them and there needs. And working with these children has made that clear, because I find this service fulfilling and enjoyable. However, the major outcome that I have grasped from my job with Churchrock is hope and direction. I have figured out that a God-given gift to me is serving others. And along with that, I want to have a hopeful future and I am very excited for life to start as soon as I am done with high school. At Churchrock I witness a lot of despair and poverty within the community, and that only directs me to go on and come back someday and help communities that struggle in our area.


No comments:

Post a Comment